Blurbs in Chicago Official Rules
1. Eligibility: The Blurbs in Chicago promotion (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. (or D.C.) who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees and non-employee workers of Best Page Forward LLC and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and those prize providers and agencies that are involved in the development or execution of this Promotion or any of its materials, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such person are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited by law. The Promotion consists of a Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”).
2. Sponsor: Best Page Forward LLC Administrator: Best Page Forward LLC, 3744 1/2 N Pine Grove Ave, Apt 3s, Chicago, IL 60613 3. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating in the Promotion, entrant fully and unconditionally agrees to and accepts these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion.
4. Promotion Period: The Promotion begins at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”), May 17th and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET, June 30th, 2017 (the “Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Promotion.
5. ALL POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE INSTANT WIN GAME OR SWEEPSTAKES SHOULD SO INDICATE OR EVEN IF ENTRANT RECEIVES AN EMAIL MESSAGE SAYING HE OR SHE WON, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL INSTANT WIN GAME WINNER AND/OR POTENTIAL SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE INSTANT WIN GAME SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY, IS VOID, AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
6. How to Enter: Participants may only choose one method of entry, but not both: Method 1: How to Enter Electronically: From May 17th to June 30, 2017: – Purchase Venom & Vampires from Barnes & Noble and Apple – Forward a screen capture or other proof of purchase from Barnes & Noble and Apple to firstname.lastname@example.org. – You will receive confirmation of your 1 free entry after purchase is confirmed. Method 2: How to Enter by Mail Receive one free entry by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Best Page Forward LLC, 3744 1/2 N Pine Grove Ave., Apt. 3s, Chicago, IL 60613. Mail-in requests, including both outer envelope and SASE, must be handwritten and must be postmarked no sooner than May 17, 2017, no later than June 23, 2017 and must be received no later than June 30, 2017. Participants are limited to one mail-in request.. Requests must be sent in a separate stamped outer mailing envelope with the requestor’s first and last name, street address, city, state and zip or postal code. The name and address must match the return name and address on SASE and be legibly handwritten in the upper left hand corner of the outer envelope. The following requests will not be honored Requests that are sent in business reply envelopes. Requests that use address labels or stickers, are photocopied, hand-stamped, computer-generated or otherwise mechanically or digitally produced or reproduced. Requests that are not mailed in separate outer stamped mailing envelopes. Requests that otherwise fail to comply with these Official Rules. Such requests will NOT be honored, acknowledged or returned. The persons who send such requests will forfeit any corresponding postage and unused envelopes. Participants will receive 1 Sweepstakes entry. Limit: 1 Sweepstakes entry per person during the Promotion Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of entries/plays by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries/plays and that participant may be disqualified. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry/play methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries/plays by that entrant. In the event of a dispute as to any online entry/play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter/play will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being authorized account holders.
7. Promotion Prize Selection and Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Administrator is an independent judging organization whose decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. For the Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the potential Sweepstakes winner on or around July 7, 2017 from all eligible entries received. The potential winner will be notified by email, mail or phone. For All Potential Winners: Except where prohibited, the potential Grand Prize winner (or parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Administrator, within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release (“Declaration”) which includes permission to conduct a background check, in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. Winner and guest must pass the background check to Sponsor’s satisfaction, as determined in its sole discretion, or forfeit the prize. Each potential First or Second Prize winner will be required to provide the Administrator a mailing address (no P.O. Boxes) for prize fulfillment purposes within 5 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim his/her prize and to fulfill any such other requirements as determined by Administrator. If any potential winner cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration or pass the background check or provide any other requested information (when applicable) within the required time period, or if prize is returned as undeliverable, he/she forfeits prize. In the event that a potential Grand or First Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, Administrator will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner in a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries, up to 3 alternates. If the alternate potential winners are disqualified, the applicable prize will not be awarded. Non-travel prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8 to 10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion. Unclaimed or forfeited Second Prizes will remain unawarded.
8. Prizes: a. Sweepstakes Prize: 1 GRAND PRIZE: A trip package for winner to Chicago, IL for a one-on-one two-day workshop with Bryan Cohen during the summer of 2017 or another time to be determined by winner. Exact date determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Prize consists of round trip, coachclass air transportation for 1 from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); 1 nights’ accommodations at Sponsor’s choice of hotel or AirBNB (single room, single occupancy); Travel must take place on the dates specified by Sponsor, surrounding the specified game or winner will forfeit the prize. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses, travel, and other costs not expressly stated in the package description above are the sole responsibility of winner. If winner is a minor (as determined by his/her state of residence), winner’s guest must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, vouchers or certificates will not be replaced. By accepting ticket prize, winner agrees to abide by any terms, conditions and restrictions provided by the ticket. Sponsor is not responsible if winner does not use ticket on day of event. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,000. The ARV of travel may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. The odds of winning the Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. SECOND PRIZE: All entrants will receive the “5 Must-Have Sentences for Every Fiction Blurb” cheat sheet sent via email after all entry requirements are fulfilled. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $5. For All Prizes: No substitution, exchange or transfer of prize by any winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. Limit: 1 Sweepstakes Prize. Total ARV of all prizes: $3,005.
9. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s consent for Sponsor and its designees to use entrant’s name, prize information, likeness, city and state of residence, video, voice, any comments, testimonials or other feedback related to prize or Promotion experience, whether written or oral, for promotional purposes in any media without further consideration.
10. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Promotion is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but, not limited to, fraud, technical failures, regularly-scheduled maintenance, virus or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Promotion to address the impairment, then resume the Promotion in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel the Promotion and award the prizes in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the time of impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion, or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
11. Release and Limitations of Liability: Except where prohibited, by participating in the Promotion, entrants agree to release and hold harmless Best Page Forward LLC, Bryan Cohen, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, promotional partners, prize partners, agents and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of them (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Promotion; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, printers or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) errors in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of registrations and game plays; (e) late, lost, or undeliverable mail; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt, use or misuse of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Promotion and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages. If for any reason an entrant’s entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another Sweepstakes entry, if it is possible. If the Promotion has been discontinued for any reason, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any prize offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes as set forth herein to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible prize claims.